(a) Any person owning, keeping, possessing, harboring, maintaining or having the care, custody of control of a dangerous or vicious dog as defined in Section 505.21 shall:
(1) Register the dog with the Chief of Police or his or her designee annually, between January 2 and January 20, and whenever a dangerous or vicious dog is newly obtained or newly declared to be dangerous or vicious as provided in Section 505.211 upon such forms as may be supplied by the Chief of Police or his or her designee for such purpose;
(2) At the time of registration of a vicious dog, provide proof of liability insurance;
(3) Provide two color photos of the dangerous or vicious dog to the Chief of Police or his or her designee annually upon registration;
(4) Post on the premises, in a conspicuous place where the dog is kept, at least one City issued warning sign available, upon payment of a fee of ten ($10.00) dollars from the Chief of Police or his or her designee. The sign shall be visible and capable of being read from the public highway or street;
(5) Notify the Chief of Police or his or her designee within seventy-two (72) hours if the dangerous or vicious dog has died or has been sold or donated, and provide the Chief of Police or his or her designee with the name, address and telephone number of the new owner; and
(6) Pay an annual registration fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) to cover the administrative expenses associated herewith.
(b) Whoever fails to register a dangerous or vicious dog as provided in this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.
(Ord. 7647-04. Passed 10-18-04.)