City officials have made the decision to suspend all Parks & Recreation Department programs and Ellenwood Center rentals beginning March 13 through April 6; including the Mother/Son Dance (3/13), Parks & Recreation Town Hall Meeting (3/21), and Easter Egg Hunt (4/4). Participants registered for programs scheduled to take place during this time are eligible for a full credit or refund.
Elections taking place at Ellenwood Center on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 will go on as scheduled.
Senior Transportation Connection will continue to provide transportation services to our seniors. Please know that STC vehicles; including but not limited to, seats, floors, and railings are cleaned daily and drivers are equipped with hand sanitizer.
City Officials will continue to monitor the situation and follow the recommendations of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Ohio Department of Health, and Cuyahoga County Board of Health.
To slow transmission of the coronavirus and other infectious respiratory diseases (including the flu) we encourage community members; especially older adults and others who are more susceptible to illness, to practice social distancing as recommended by the CDC and continue to practice good hygiene habits such as:
- Stay at home when you are sick
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds or longer and then dry hands with a clean towel or air dry
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands or after touching surfaces
- Clean and disinfect “High-Touch” surfaces often (counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables.
- Call before visiting your doctor
Community members can visit the City of Bedford’s website and Facebook page for current and future updates at www.bedfordoh.gov.