As of today (March 12th, 2020), all Bedford Municipal buildings and services remain open while we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as it evolves. The City is taking extra precautionary measures to further sanitize all of our Municipal and Court buildings. To slow transmission of the COVID-19 and other infectious respiratory diseases (including the flu), we are following the recommendations set forth by the Cuyahoga County Board of Health, the Ohio Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) which suggests that all should continue to practice good hygiene habits such as:
Stay at home when you are sick
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds or longer and then dry hands with a clean towel or air dry
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands or after touching surfaces
- Clean and disinfect “High-Touch” surfaces often (counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables).
- Call before visiting your doctor
We are also encouraging community members (especially older adults and others who are more susceptible to illness) to practice social distancing as recommended by the CDC.
Please note that the Senior Health Fair scheduled for March 18th, 2020 has been postponed. In addition, voting precincts previously scheduled to take place at Light of Hearts Villa have been moved to the Ellenwood Center (Room 4).
Again, please visit the City of Bedford’s website and social media platforms for future updates www.bedfordoh.gov