General Tax Information

All Residents over 18 must file a tax return, even when no tax is due.

Effective Tax Year 2002 and after, Retired and/or Permanently Disabled residents with no earned income are not required to file a tax return, provided the taxpayer has filed a previous year’s tax return establishing residency.

Effective December 31, 2008, the City of Bedford will not allow Net Operating Loss Carry Forwards. Additionally, any prior years NOL Carry Forward(s) will not be allowed to be applied beyond the calendar year 2009. No portion of a Net Operating Loss shall be carried back against net profits of any prior year.

Schedule C or Schedule E losses CANNOT offset W2 income. Copies of any schedule must be attached to the return for it to be processed.

A balance due of under $10.00 does not need to be remitted. No amounts $10.00 and under will be refunded.

As long as documentation of all income is provided, we do accept generic forms.

The City of Bedford is in a Special Arrangement with the Central Collection Agency (C.C.A.) Unless you are contacted directly by C.C.A., please remit all payments to the City of Bedford. In mid-July, CCA sent out second notices to those taxpayers that did not respond to the first notice. Please contact CCA with any questions at 216-664-4481.

During the weeks of July 11th and July 18th, the Tax Department is mailing out the Applications for the Water Discount. To print a form, please click on one of the links below:

Water Discount Application

Instructions for Water Discount

Address change for Express Mail Courier to Huntington Tax Department Lockbox


City of Bedford
P.O. Box 72450
Cleveland OH 44192-0002


City of Bedford
Tax Department
165 Center Road
Bedford OH 44146

(440)439-1307 FAX

Close window