Definition: Under the supervision of the Service Director, Superintendent of Wastewater, and the Assistant Superintendent of Wastewater, the candidate will assist with various phases of work and perform other related and incidental tasks associated with the maintenance of buildings, machinery, equipment, and grounds.
General Information: General knowledge of the operations of a wastewater treatment plant and related equipment is preferred. The position is located primarily at the treatment facility, both indoors and outdoors.
Additional Examples of Work Performed:
- Assists in operating the sewage treatment plant and performing duties of lesser skill as directed by the Wastewater Plant Operator.
- Removes and discards debris from the influent bar screens and grit removal system.
- Opens and closes valves to regulate sewage, sludge, and effluent flow at various stages and locations in the treatment and disposal process.
- Collects samples for laboratory analyses and tests at various locations at regular intervals; acts as laboratory helper; cleans and washes laboratory equipment.
- Helps to operate and maintain the sludge filter press; draws sludge from digester tanks into sludge truck; helps to clean and maintain filter press equipment.
- Oils and greases mechanical operating equipment; assists with maintenance and repair operations.
- Regularly washes trucks and motorized equipment.
- Cleans operations tanks as needed (primary and secondary settling, digester, thickener, etc.)
- Paints exterior and interior of buildings and specific equipment; cleans building interiors, including walls, ceilings, bathrooms, floors, and windows.
- Maintains and cares for shrubs, plants, and lawn areas; operates hand and power tools.
- Drives trucks; makes regular visits, inspections, and checks of sewage pumping lift stations and equipment at various locations; performs other related and incidental tasks as required or directed.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- State of Ohio Class B CDL (Class A is also acceptable)
- High school diploma or equivalent with courses in science and math.
- Good health and physical condition and the ability to perform routine laboring.
- No previous experience is required.
- Must obtain a Class I Operator license within 2 years of hire.
Starting Pay: $27.364/hr
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com