Definition: Under the supervision of the Service Director, Superintendent of Wastewater, and the Assistant Superintendent of Wastewater, the candidate will be responsible for the repair of any mechanical breakdowns at the treatment facility and the pumping stations
General Information: Strong mechanical background and aptitude are necessary. Knowledge of the tools required to perform preventative, predictive, and corrective repairs on a variety of hydraulic equipment.
Additional Examples of Work Performed:
• Replace damaged or underperforming pumping equipment.
• Clean, replace, and/or rehabilitate tanks, collectors, valves, solenoids, and press equipment.
• Operate the treatment facility as needed.
• Lubricate equipment.
• Order needed or spare parts maintaining an inventory of the most common failed parts.
• Drive trucks and construction equipment as needed.
• Work weekends and afternoons as required.
• Assist in sampling and monitoring of WWTP in accordance with NPDES permit requirements.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• State of Ohio Class B CDL (Class A is also acceptable).
• High school diploma or equivalent with courses in science and math.
• Good health and physical condition.
• Class I Ohio EPA Wastewater Operator License.
• Electrical experience
• Plumbing experience
• Pump/valve repair experience
Starting Pay: $29.480/hr.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com