Yes, as long as the following criteria are adhered to:
- The location of any outdoor recreational fire shall not be less than 50 feet from a structure (house, garage, shed, etc.).
- The material used for burning shall be considered a “clean fuel” such as seasoned dry firewood.
- All fires must constantly be attended until the fire is completely extinguished. At least one on-site fire extinguishing method (ex; garden hose, dirt, sand, etc.) shall be available for immediate use.
- Fires over 3 foot in diameter are considered bonfires and must have prior approval from the fire department.
- Even if all the above criteria are met, fires that are offensive or objectionable to your neighbors due to smoke or odor emissions must be extinguished immediately.