Can I do the work myself or do I need to hire a contractor?

A homeowner owner may perform work on a single family dwelling in which he/she permanently resides. This exemption will not apply to the owner of a premise which is rented or leased. The homeowner shall submit a notarized affidavit to the Building Commissioner stating the nature and extent of the work to be performed. Any work performed by such homeowner shall be subject to all provisions of the Building Code, including all required inspections.

Close window