No permit is required for backyard fire pits or fire rings. Fires over 3 foot in diameter are considered bonfires and must have prior approval from the Fire Department.
Commercial fire pits or fire rings are allowed as long as the following criteria are adhered to:
- The location of any outdoor recreational fire shall not be less than 50 feet from a structure (house, garage, shed, etc.).
- The material used for burning shall be considered a “clean fuel” such as seasoned dry firewood.
- All fires must constantly be attended until the fire is completely extinguished. At least one on-site fire extinguishing method (ex; garden hose, dirt, sand, etc.) shall be available for immediate use.
- Fires over 3 foot in diameter are considered bonfires and must have prior approval from the fire department.
- Even if all the above criteria are met, fires that are offensive or objectionable to your neighbors due to smoke or odor emissions must be extinguished immediately.