FAQ Topic: Safety

How do I dispose of medication?

RX Drug Drop Box Program A drug Pill Drop Box, supplied by the County, has been permanently installed in the lobby of the Bedford Police Department. Anyone with expired or unused prescription pills can dispose of their medication in the Pill Drop Box 24/7. PILLS ONLY. No needles or liquids. Prescription opiates are often the … Continued

Do you offer background checks?

Yes we do.  This service is provided to City residents or any employee of a business located within the city.  That would include churches and civic organizations located within the city. Here is information on that service. Fingerprints – BCI/FBI Webchecks Our department does do the BCI and FBI fingerprints. Cost – BCI (only) $30 – … Continued

What are the on street parking restrictions?

Parking is restricted on city streets from 3:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.  If you have overnight guests or are having work done, you may call 440-232-1234 and ask for an exemption.  These exemptions are only temporary and must be renewed by calling each day you need one. Exemptions are limited to 3 per month unless … Continued

What are the curfew rules?

Age 15 and under:  10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Ages 16 and 17:   11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. – Weekdays Ages 16 and 17:  12:00 midnight to 6:00 a.m. –  Friday and Saturday  

How do I get a copy of a police report?

Copies of reports are available at our Records Room window Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.  The Records Room is closed on holidays. You may also request records by emailing the Records Room at bpdrecords@bedfordoh.gov.   If you have questions the phone number for the Records Room is 440-232-7600.

How do I file a police report?

Reports can be made in person at the Police Station located at 165 Center Road.  Reports can also be made by requesting an officer respond to your home or business located within the City of Bedford.

Close window