The City of Bedford works with numerous public and private entities to bring resources to Bedford’s existing and new businesses.
- Bedford Downtown Alliance’s goal is to preserve and revitalize the downtown of Bedford, Ohio and to bring the community together in maintaining the city’s history and improving its future.
Cuyahoga County Department of Development
- Cuyahoga County’s Department of Development provides assistance in numerous ways to grow businesses through business attraction incentives, business growth lending, education opportunities and the new workforce development program, Skill Up.
Ohio Development Services Agency
- From site selection to business development grants and loan programs, the Ohio Development Services Agency is Ohio’s economic development program and community development agency.
- As the small business division of the Greater Cleveland Partnership, COSE (Council of Smaller Enterprises) has supported and advocated for the small businesses in the region since 1972. As the region’s small business expert organization, COSE offers its members networking and educational events, advocacy on legislative and regulatory issues and cost-effective group purchasing programs.
- Learn how to start a workplace recycling program, improve an existing one, or contract for waste and recycling services at seminars offered by Cuyahoga Recycles.
- The Economic Community Development Institute supports loans for new and established businesses, including SBA loans and assistance in getting first time small business owners loan-ready. ECDI’s loans range from $500 to $350,000 and show a large variety in their clients and the uses for the loans. Equipment-based loans are currently very popular, but others use the funds for entrepreneurial ventures and other operating costs. ECDI provides the tools, technical assistance and support for businesses to succeed.
- The Greater Cleveland Partnership’s (GCP) Business Development Team is committed to retaining and advancing the growth of, and creating new opportunities for, local businesses to increase the economic wealth and vitality of Greater Cleveland.
- Through technical assistance, small business lending, professional training, certification programs and advocacy, the National Development Council works with local and state governments and community-based organizations to create and implement unique economic and community development strategies.
Small Business Development Center
- The Ohio Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) Network is the premier technical assistance program for Ohio’s small businesses. Please visit one of our local Ohio SBDCs:
- Cleveland State University SBDC Knowledge and Innovation Center at the Cleveland Heights Public Library at 2340 Lee Rd., 216-321-1633
- Urban League located Downtown/Mid-town: 2930 Prospect Ave., Cleveland, OH 44115, 216-622-0999
- Hispanic Business Center located on the West Side at 2511 Clark Ave., Cleveland, OH 44109, 216-281-4422; you do not need to be Hispanic to utilize HBA services