As of Friday, May 13th, 2016, the City of Bedford enacted a FREEZE on ALL Point of Sale Inspections.
A CERTIFICATE OF TRANSFER (C/T) is needed in order to transfer title. It is IMPERATIVE that we are provided with the information below in order to fax or email the Certificate of Transfer to the title company.
- The name(s) of the buyer(s), phone number and email address.
- Whether the property will be owner-occupied, rental, or rehab/resale.
- If the property is NOT going to be owner-occupied, we will need the buyer's name, address, phone number and email address.
- IF the buyer is out of state, we will need a LOCAL agent/property management company's address, phone number and email address.
- We will also need the name of the title company fax number or email address so that we can issue the Certificate of Transfer and update our records.
- A Special Assessment Search (SAS) will also need to be obtained.
SPECIAL ASSESSMENT SEARCH:
The city also REQUIRES verification for any possible liens/assessments found on the property. Please contact the City of Bedford Finance Department @ 440-735-6504. This assures that the assessments have been acknowledged and will be paid. This is required PRIOR to the City issuing the Certificate of Transfer.
NOTE: PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL PROPERTIES REMAIN SUBJECT TO AN EXTERIOR MAINTENANCE INSPECTION.