The City of Bedford has over 27 acres of park lands and facilities including Ellenwood Center and the outdoor municipal pool and skate park and is committed to providing our residents with safe and meaningful recreational opportunities.
New Fall Programs, updated September 17, 2020
The Parks & Recreation Department is pleased to offer new programs for fall 2020. Browse our site or click here to see what's new. Contact our office at 440-735-6570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
COVID-19 Statement from Parks & Recreation Department, last updated September 22, 2020
The City of Bedford has been working with county and state health officials in regard to COVID-19. The Governor of Ohio has mandated social distancing and closures during this difficult time. Due to these mandates and our desire to do all we can to limit exposure and maintain a safe, healthy environment Ellenwood Center is closed and all Parks & Recreation programs and activities; including Ellenwood rentals, have been suspended.
Until the Governor releases new orders reducing these mandates and carefully considering the safety of our residents, participants, and staff the City will continue to monitor the situation to establish a tentative re-open date of Ellenwood Center, programs, and activities.
- Ellenwood Center remains closed – City Officials are working on a timeline to safely reopen the building
- Parks are open
- Playgrounds are open – signs posted not sanitized use at own risk
- Baseball/softball/soccer fields are open – games, practices, and organized program have been suspended through September 2020
- Archibald Willard Pavilion remains closed
- Community garden is open
- Youth baseball was cancelled and refunds were issued to all participants
- Summer day camp was cancelled and refunds were issued to all participants
- Municipal pool remained closed for summer 2020
- Fall soccer has been suspended
- Adult softball has been suspended
While visiting our outdoor facilities please be aware of the following per the Ohio Department of Health:
- Individuals must at all times or as much a reasonably possible maintain social distancing of 6 feet from any other person with the exception of family or household member
- All public and private gatherings of any number of people occurring outside a single household or living unit are prohibited with the exception of family or household members
- Any gatherings of 10 people or more is prohibited