The City of Bedford has over 27 acres of park lands and facilities including Ellenwood Center and the outdoor municipal pool and skate park and is committed to providing our residents with safe and meaningful recreational opportunities.
New Programming Update June 12, 2020
The Parks & Recreation Department is pleased to announce new programming for Summer 2020. Click here for a link to all programs. Check back for updates too!
COVID-19 Statement from Parks & Recreation Department, last updated June 10, 2020
The City of Bedford has been working with county and state health officials in regard to COVID-19. The Governor of Ohio has mandated social distancing and closures during this difficult time. Due to these mandates and our desire to do all we can to limit exposure and maintain a safe, healthy environment, Ellenwood Center is closed and all Parks & Recreation programs and activities; including Ellenwood rentals, have been suspended
Until the Governor releases new orders reducing these mandates and carefully considering the safety of our residents, participants, and staff the City will continue to monitor the situation to establish a tentative re-open date of Ellenwood Center, programs and activities.
- Ellenwood Center remains closed
- Parks remain open with social distancing requirements
- Playgrounds are open, per the governor’s order. Proper social distancing protocols must be followed; playground users must remain 6 feet apart from one another. Playground surfaces will not be cleaned/sanitized by City staff. Those using playgrounds must do so at their own risk. The City will continue to monitor state and local health protocols and may make changes to playground usage rules moving forward.
- Baseball/Softball/Soccer Fields – remain open with social distancing requirements – games, practices, and organized programs are not permitted
- Archibald Willard Pavilion remains closed per the order issued by the Ohio Department of Health
- Community garden will remain open with social distancing requirements – signs to be posted
- Youth baseball has been cancelled and refunds will be issued to all participants
- Summer Day Camp has been cancelled and refunds will be issued to all participants
- Municipal Pool will not open for the 2020 season
While visiting our outdoor facilities please be aware of the following per the Ohio Department of Health:
- Individuals must at all times or as much as reasonably possible maintain social distancing of 6 feet from any other person with the exception of family or household member
- All public and private gatherings of any number of people occurring outside a single household or living unit are prohibited with the exception of family or household members
- Gatherings of 10 people or more are prohibited