The City of Bedford's Food Pantry is a local program serving Bedford residents. To be eligible, residents must submit a completed application along with proof of residency, income, and household size. Examples of valid forms of proof of residency and income are listed below.
Applications are available here or at the Bedford Parks & Recreation Department located in Ellenwood Center, 124 Ellenwood Avenue.
Completed applications along with proof of residency, income, and household size must be submitted to the Bedford Parks and Recreation Department, 124 Ellenwood Ave, Bedford, Ohio 44146. One application per household.
To be eligible; household income must be at or below the household eligibility as set forth by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services within the Federal and State Funded Food Programs Eligibility to Take Food Home Guidelines as listed on the application.
Food is distributed at Ellenwood Center, 124 Ellenwood Avenue, the last Friday of each month from 10:00 am to 11:00 am; except November and December, in which food will be distributed the Friday prior to the holiday. Applicants may receive food service one time per month.
MONTHLY REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Applicants must call the Bedford Parks and Recreation Department to register every month they want to receive food. The registration period is the 1st through the 15th of each month. Applicants must have an approved application on file to be able to register for food and can only register for that month.
TO REGISTER EACH MONTH CALL: 440-735-6570
- Showing up the day of food distribution without having an approved application on file or pre-registering for that month does not guarantee the applicant food for that day.
- Applying the same day as food distribution does not guarantee the applicant food for that day.
- If an approved applicant registers for 3 or more food distribution dates and fails to pick-up their food, they may become ineligible.
Valid Forms of Proof of Residency:
- Valid driver's license or state issued ID
- Property tax receipt
- Posted mail with name of applicant
- Current utility bill
- Lease agreement or mortgage statement
- Insurance Card
- Voter registration card
- Bank or credit card statement, insurance policy or bill
Valid Forms of Proof of Income:
- Social security proof of income letter or statement
- Tax return
- W2 form
- 1099 form
- Employer letter
- Unemployment documentation
- Disability insurance
- pay stubs
- Bank statements
The City of Bedford reserves the right to require additional information to verify eligibility.
Food Pantry Program Schedule - 2023
Friday, November 17
Friday, December 22
Food Pantry Program Schedule - 2024
Friday, January 26
Friday, February 23
Friday, March 22
Friday, April 26
Friday, May 31
Friday, June 28
Friday, July 26
Friday, August 30
Friday, September 27
Friday, October 25
Friday, November 22
Friday, December 20